Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Tuesday January 24th, so many new records to buy, so little money.

Hello hello,

Some days I'm just not feeling it. I don't feel particulary reactionary to any of the reviews up on PFM today so I don't intend on trying to post a volley review if I don't really have something to say. If a reader feels otherwise feel free to leave your own meta-review in the comments section.

To make up for this scarf of "eh" wrapped around my head I will be giving away an Acid Mothers Temple and the Cosmic Inferno cd. It isn't the same one up for review pn PFM today but if you want the one on Alien8 Recordings called " Starless and Bible Black Sabbath it is yours for the taking. Just one note, it is a promo with no art.

Bright Eyes and or a member of's name was used FOUR times in the PFM review section today. If you can tell me where these BE bombs were dropped you can have the Acid Mother cd. The first person to post the answer in the comment section wins and then email me your address at tuningforkmedia@hotmail.com .

WE HAVE A WINNER!

In other news it is a darn big day for new releases. I will be wandering the floor of my local record store on lunch break looking for all that is new, affordable, and ideally on vinyl. I've also been blessed with some great advances/new releases and what I am digging thus far is: Clearlake, The Ladies (Rob Crow and Zach Hill), Film School, Liars, Loose Fur, Tuung, The new Built To Spill song on their MySpace page, The new Rahim track that is on their band page, Jason Collett, (The Sounds Of) Kaleidoscope, and The Long Blondes 7"Seperated By Motorways.

Not sure how I feel about the new Mudhoney yet.

Your pal,
Pitchperfect