Monday, January 09, 2006

Guitar Wolf - Golden Black

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/g/guitar-wolf/golden-black.shtml

"This style of rock music sounds best in small bursts"

I don't really disagree with anything in this review (other than the fact that it is about 2 months after the fact. Punctuality is not a virtue of Pitchfork). I love Guitar Wolf. I own at least 5 or 6 Guitar Wolf releases. Then why was i dreading putting this cd into my car player? I think that it was the prospect of 26 tracks. I have hit my saturation point of Guitar Wolf. The first time i heard them i thought they were the fantastic and i would never tire of them. But after 6 albums i don't really have any urge to pop in a Guitar wolf cd. You figure across those six albums there are approximately 90 songs. Or i should say song. Guitar Wolf play essentially the same song with slight variations. Don't get me wrong, it's a good song. But It's like Reggie Jackson once said: Everyone likes ice cream, but not when its being pumped into you by the gallon. 26 tracks of it was almost too much to take. I think i may give the cd to a 14 year old who needs some direction.

Live its another story all together. If Guitar Wolf ever comes to your town go. Don't ask questions, just go