Thursday, March 23, 2006

Sparks / Hello Young Lovers / Rating: 6.9

"Even if you didn't know these two were brothers, you could probably figure it out by listening to their records."

The above sentence kicked off the PFM review but it was never backed up with any details to support such a statement. Details details…who needs them any way? Not Pitchfork, that's for sure.

I am still working on limited brain power post fever and since I am working against a time released multi-symptom cold / flu relief pill that could kick in any second and erase what little coherency I have left, I need to type this out with Godspeed.

In tribute to the Coolfer 4 word review I give you my own for the Sparks Hello Young Lovers cd.

Oompah Loompahs revive Queen.

If the above sentence doesn’t terrify you then who cares what the PFM rating or review says, you need this cd to keep your Shaggs, Mrs. Miller, Jandek, and Gary Wilson cds in good company.