Thursday, November 17, 2005

Green Day / Bullet in the bible / Rating 3.0

nothingness beyond the fast food wrappers and blaring televisions.

Maybe I am feeling extra age sensitive because it is my birthday today and I am now 34 years in age.

PFM says about Green Day: “ Can they be effective punk revivalists when their biggest hits sag with the ennui of middle age?”

Billie Joe Armstrong (born February 17, 1972 in Oakland, California) is the songwriter, lead vocalist and guitarist for Punk-rock/pop punk band Green Day.

Michael Ryan Pritchard (born May 4, 1972)

Tré Cool (Frank Edwin Wright III) (born December 9, 1972 in Frankfurt, Germany)

Awesome, all three of the members of Green day are younger than me which makes me I suppose middle aged too. ? ! What’s with Pitchfork picking on old people. You damn kids with your loud music and fast cars and those shoot em up video games. I shake my fist in the air at you!!!

Show a little respect to your elders.

I also don’t understand why the PFM review neglects to pay tribute to their respective non-major label stretch of Green Day’s carreer (The Gilman Years) but I don’t have the energy to expand on this today. I have cake to eat, drinks to drink, candles to blow out, and a Converge / Darkest Hour / Municpal Waste show to take in.

I better bring my cane.