Wednesday, September 28, 2005

On Autopilot

Hey Gang,

I usually DJ from 1-3 am on Tuesday night / Wed morning so I often don't have the energy to write a piece for the site by the time I get home, sorry.

I will tell you this tho: expect one heck of a CocoRosie essay in a few days. It will be all the info you ever wanted to know about the story of Noah's Ark, Unicorns, and "special" family relations.

In the meantime here is a link to my favorite band right now. They are called The Projects They are by no means a new band but they are new to me. They are from England and on Track And Field. I stumbled across them on on the Broadcast website where the band Broadcast has over 4 hours of killer music to check out by various artists. (new and old)

Its late and I am having a terrible time finding a site which has an mp3 by The Projects to share with you, but briefly they sound like a younger more post punk version of Broadcast. An evil twin to Ladytron? Just when I think I should be over the angular boy / girl rock thing, one more band sneaks in and wows me.

If anybody finds a link with audio samples please post it in the comments section and then I will gladly link it to this main post.

It 4 am and my brain has officially called it quits.