Thursday, August 24, 2006

It's my blog and I will post if I want to.

Let's talk Junior Boys So This Is Goodbye.

Rumors have been piling up that this record rules. Have you heard it yet? It must be a slow year for dance music if this kind of record qualifies as one of the best of the year. Help me out people. I am hearing OMD, Pet Shop Boys, and electo-pop artists that labels Morr, Astralwerks, and Plug Research (to name just a few) having been releasing for years.

Don't mistake me, I am not hating on this record. In fact I really like "In the Morning" but in my top twenty or 30 of 2006? I don't think so. If I am going to wave the flag of best electronic record of the year in any direction, I am waving it for Clark's Body Riddle on Warp. Now that **** will blow your mind.

Anybody heard the new Squarepusher cd yet? Not that excited about that one ever but I have only really played it once so I won't give my thumbs down to it quite yet.